Thursday, August 30, 2007

Pit Empathy

This evening as a before-bed snack, Perry and I ate two lovely plums.

Perry said to me: That pit's saying [squeaky voice] "Don't cut the fruit off of me! Cover me back with my fruit!" But we're eating it. Plum, you're too delicious.

And later, as we were cutting the second plum: The pit's sad, again. It wants its fruit back on. But we cut it, instead. Pit, we're sorry. Would you like to go in the garbage? Would that make you feel better?

I told him the two pits could keep each other company. "In the garbage," he said. "That's where they'll be happy."

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Mountain View, California
This is Perry's blog. Since he can't type yet, and people (actually, mainly his relatives) want to know what's going on with him, I have started this blog as a spin-off from my own. He can take it over later if he wants to, but I'm sure by the time he's old enough to publish his own thoughts, he'll probably upload them directly from his cortical implant or something.